Campbell’s Bay, May 15, 2020 – Premier François Legault announced this week that many outdoor activities can resume across the Province effective May 20th. As nice weather approaches, we kindly remind both permanent and part-time residents to observe all physical distancing and hygiene recommendations at all times.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Fishing & Boating on MRC Pontiac waterways
When planning a fishing or boating trip (this includes trips in the ZEC), it is recommended that you follow these guidelines:
- Gather all supplies (gas, safety gear, fishing gear, food, etc.) before leaving;
- Avoid any unnecessary stops or circulation in the community;
- Only members of the same household should be boating/travelling together;
- Keep a safe distance of 2-metres if you must come into contact with anyone else;
- Avoid travel between Provinces by boat, kayak, paddleboard, etc.
- Respect and follow all safety regulations to avoid a call to emergency services;
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, dry cough), call 1-819-644-4545 or 1-877-644-4545 and stay at home!
During this time of stress and anxiety, we recognize the importance of fresh air activities for our communities. This season, we are asking everyone to use their better judgement while enjoying the waterways in our beautiful region. We also ask that you continue to protect our unaffected area by following the safety recommendations set out by the CISSSO.
We, the Regional Council of Mayors, Warden Jane Toller and MRC Pontiac staff, trust that our permanent and seasonal residents will act responsibly and make the right choices.