Gatineau, February 11, 2021 – The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l’Outaouais is pleased to announce the 6 Covid-19 vaccination sites for the region. Over the past few weeks, a real “sprint” has taken place to ensure that the Outaouais region is ready for this groundbreaking vaccination campaign. The health care and social services organization would like to thank its provincial and municipal partners who helped find safe and accessible sites for the entire population of the Outaouais area.
The sites for mass vaccination are :
- Palais des Congrès de Gatineau, 50 Maisonneuve Boulevard in Gatineau (42 stations) ;
- Buckingham Community Centre, 181 Joseph Street in Gatineau (12 stations) ;
- Wakefield Community Centre, La Pêche, 38 Wakefield Valley Road in Wakefield (12 stations).
These sites will operate 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Vaccinators will be able to administer the vaccine to 10 people per hour when the sites will be fully operational.
The other vaccination sites are :
- Whissell Sports Complex, 530 Charles-August-Montreuil Street in St-André-Avellin (4 stations);
- Centre Multi fonctionnel de Maniwaki, home of Club de Curling de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau, 50 Commercial Street in Maniwaki (4 stations);
- Campbell’s Bay Recreational Center, 10-12 Second Street in Campbell’s Bay (4 stations).
These sites will operate 5 days a week, 7 hours a day. Vaccinators will be able to administer the vaccine to 7 people per hour when the sites will be fully operational.
The opening dates of the vaccination sites will depend on the amount of vaccines we receive over the next few weeks. We must first complete the vaccination in private seniors’ residences as well as in isolated and remote communities according to the priority groups. We will then proceed with mass vaccination at the vaccination sites.
Depending on the number of people to be vaccinated and the amount of vaccines received, the CISSS de l’Outaouais estimates that it will be able to vaccinate between 3,000 and 6,000 people per day. Everything is therefore in place to vaccinate the population of the Outaouais region in line with the priority groups established by the government.
For more information, please visit our website: https://cisss-outaouais.gouv.qc.ca/covid-19/vaccination/.
For more information :
Information Officer – Media Relations
Centre intégré de Santé et de Services sociaux de l’Outaouais email@example.com
Phone : 819 966-6583