Cet article est disponible en Français
The Regions Support Fund (FARR) is a new program from the Department of Municipal Affairs and Land Occupancy (MAMOT), which was designed for all regions of Quebec, with the exception of Montreal and the National Capital regions for which further funding is planned. These funds will go entirely towards financing development projects that are aligned with priorities determined by each region. By implementing this approach, the Quebec Government puts its action at the service of the regions.
The FARR’s Selection Committee, which is composed of the Outaouais Wardens and the Mayor of Gatineau, will promote regional coordination and mobilization to support projects that will have spin-offs across at least two Outaouais MRCs.
The Outaouais regional priorities are:
- Promote rural and urban development;
- Strengthen the competitive position of the Outaouais region with respect to its border situation;
- Provide public transport and sustainable mobility throughout the regional territory;
- Protect the natural environment and promote the development of strategies to adapt to climate change;
- Develop cultural offer and ensure its accessibility;
- Foster entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial culture in rural as well as in urban areas;
- Support economic diversification and innovation;
- Promote tourism development;
- Promote and enhance the agri-food sector;
- Support the development of the forestry sector;
- Encourage academic perseverance and the training of a skilled workforce.
The following organizations will be eligible:
- Municipal organisations;
- Private enterprises, except for companies from the financial sector;
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Social economy business, except for companies from the financial sector;
- Cooperatives, with the exception of financial cooperatives;
- First Nations communities;
- Education sector organizations;
- Persons wishing to start a private or social economy business.
For more information specific to the Outaouais Region, visit the MAMOT site : Gestion régionale du programme (available in French only).