The Fonds d’appui au rayonnement des régions (FARR) is a program of the Ministère des Affaires municipales et Habitation (Ministère). It covers all regions of Quebec, with the exception of the Capitale-Nationale and Montréal regions, for which other funds are planned. The funds will be used entirely to finance development projects aligned with the priorities identified by each region. Through this approach, the Government of Québec is placing its action at the service of the regions.
The FARR will promote regional mobilization and cooperation to support the implementation of projects that have an impact on at least two MRCs in the Outaouais region.
The Outaouais’ regional priorities are :
- Catching up on the region’s historical backwardness in health and social services, education and economic development.
- Foster strong, sustainable community development based on solidarity and a strong link between rural and urban areas.
- Build a strong regional identity.
- Foster resilience to climate change by ensuring sustainable development.
- Develop the economy and improve the competitive position with respect to the border situation through innovation and diversification.
The following organizations will be eligible :
Legal entities wishing to start a private or social economy business.
- Municipal organizations;
- Private businesses, with the exception of businesses in the financial sector;
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Social economy enterprises, with the exception of enterprises in the financial sector;
- Cooperatives, except financial cooperatives;
- Aboriginal communities;
- Organizations in the education system;
- Legal persons wishing to start a private or social economy enterprise.
You can access information specific to the Outaouais by consulting the Regional Management section of the program on the MAMOT website.
For general information on the FARR: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/farr/
To submit an application online: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/faire-une-demande/
For program management in the Outaouais: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/gestion-regionale-du-programme/?no_cache=1