The Regional Support Fund (FARR) is a program from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MAMH), which was designed for all regions of Quebec, with the exception of Montreal and the National Capital regions for which separate funding is planned. These funds will go entirely towards financing development projects that are aligned with priorities determined by each region. By implementing this approach, the Quebec Government puts its action at the service of the regions.
The FARR’s will promote regional coordination and mobilization to support projects that will have positive impacts across at least two Outaouais MRCs.
The Outaouais regional priorities are:
- To catch up with the region’s historical lag in health and social services, education and economic development.
- Promote strong and sustainable community development based on solidarity and a strong link between rural and urban areas.
- Build a strong regional identity.
- Promote resilience to climate change by ensuring sustainable development.
- Develop the economy and improve the competitive position with respect to our border context through innovation and diversification.
The following organizations are eligible:
- Municipal organisations;
- Private enterprises, except for companies from the financial sector;
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Social economy business, except for companies from the financial sector;
- Cooperatives, with the exception of financial cooperatives;
- First Nations communities;
- Education sector organizations;
- Persons wishing to start a private or social economy business.
Related links (available in French only):
For general information on the FARR: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/farr/
To submit an application online: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/faire-une-demande/
For the management of the program in Outaouais: https://www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca/developpement-territorial/programmes/fonds-dappui-au-rayonnement-des-regions-farr/gestion-regionale-du-programme/?no_cache=1