PROVINCE DE QUÉBEC
MUNICIPALITÉ RÉGIONALE DE COMTÉ DE PONTIAC
PUBLIC NOTICE: NOTICE OF SALE OF IMMOVABLES FOR NON-PAYMENT OF TAXES
The MRC Pontiac offices will be closed on Wednesday, November 11th, except for those who wish to pay their taxes before the tax sale on November 12th. Someone will be available at the reception desk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call the reception at 819-648-5689, ext. 210, for more information.
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given by the Regional county municipality of Pontiac that the properties described hereinafter will be sold at the public auction at the Campbell’s Bay RA, located at 2, Second Street, Campbell’s Bay, Quebec, on Thursday November twelve two thousand twenty (November 12, 2020), at 10 am, to satisfy the payment of school and or municipal taxes, accrued interest and sale fees, unless said taxes, interest and fees are paid prior to that date.
SPECIAL RULES FOR COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, special measures must be put in place and followed for the conduct of the sale in order to ensure the safety of all participants. Please consult the documents below for more information.
- Special rules – Covid-19 Pandemic
- Procedure of the sale for non-payment of taxes and other important information
Participants are invited to register in advance by choosing one of the methods below:
Fill out the online registration form below:
Register by phone:
819-648-5689, ext. 233
Register by email:
Fill out the form below and send it by email to email@example.com.
As indicated on the registration form, two pieces of identification are required, one with a photo. In anticipation of the sale, please send a picture of your identification with the form.
* Regardless of the registration method chosen, a confirmation message will be sent to you.
NOTICE IS EQUALLY GIVEN THAT:
- The immovables mentioned include all building and dependencies when built, as well as all servitudes and easements, active or passive, apparent or non-apparent affecting the properties;
- The immovables are sold without any legal warranty, at the risks and perils of the purchasers;
- All questions regarding the zoning, may be directed to the municipalities;
- The price of sale is payable immediately by bank draft to the order of “Regional County Municipality of Pontiac”, or in cash (maximum amount of $7,500.00), failing which the building will be immediately available for sale. In some cases, the federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and the Quebec Sales Tax (QST) will apply; a contractor who is registered in the GST and QST files must provide these registration numbers at the time of the auction to avoid having to pay these taxes immediately.
- Any purchaser must present two (2) pieces of valid identification, one (1) of which must be with a photo. If the purchaser is a company, a copy of the charter, a resolution authorizing the representative as well as two (2) pieces of valid identification, one (1) of which must be with a photo of the representative are required. Failing which the property will be put back for sale immediately;
- All immovables sold are subject to a right of redemption of one (1) year pursuant to article 1057 of the Municipal Code of Québec;
- Any payment may be made prior to the sale to the office of the Regional County Municipality of Pontiac at 602 Route 301 North, Campbell’s Bay, Quebec J0X 1K0, by bank draft, payable to the order of the “Regional County Municipality of Pontiac“, in cash (up to $7 500,00), Interac Debit and electronic transfer until November 6, 2020. Please contact Joanne Dumouchel at 819-648-5689 ext. 217 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ADMINISTRATION FEES ARE APPLIED FOR EACH OF THE IMMOVABLE IN ADDITION OF THE AMOUNTS ALREADY REGISTERED.
Updated List of Properties for Sale