- 26 years of political involvement in the Municipality of Fort-Coulonge.
- Municipal councillor of Fort-Coulonge from November 11, 1991.
- Mayor of Fort-Coulonge from October 15, 1999 to November 11, 2017.
- Prefect of the MRC Pontiac temporarily from November 27, 2013 to January 28, 2014.
- Then Prefect elected by his peers on January 28, 2014 and re-elected on January 19, 2016, an office he occupied until November 5, 2017.
A pragmatic manager
In 2016, Raymond spearheaded the expansion of the MRC Pontiac building.
In 2017, Raymond was able to convince his colleagues and the population of the benefits of a warden elected by universal suffrage.
A politician who understood what was at stake
Raymond knew how to mobilize the members of the regional council, and motivate employees to achieve objectives.
A champion for the team
Raymond was always very supportive of the MRC Pontiac employees, and so proud of the team’s achievements.
Raymond was a very generous man
He donated a significant portion of his elected official salary to local organizations and causes:
-The Sûreté du Québec and MRC Pontiac Benefit Golf Tournament
-Regional Art Collection
Raymond was a Pontiac ambassador with a unique personality.
His favourite line: “and everything else” could be heard up to 20 times or more during a single council meeting.
But above all, he always placed the interest of the region at the top of priorities.
The MRC Pontiac team offers its deepest condolences to Raymond Durocher’s family and friends. He was a true jewel for the Pontiac and will be remembered with respect and affection.