Cet article est disponible en Français
In October 2014, the Pontiac MRC adopted its Agricultural Zone Development Plan (PDZA), whose objective is the sustainable development of the MRC’s agricultural zone.
A follow-up committee, composed of key players in the MRC Pontiac’s agricultural sector, ensures the implementation of the PDZA, and closely monitors recommended actions, such as the organization of agricultural services, succession planning support, and the development of new sectors.
The marketing and processing of products derived from agriculture are also major issues around which the entire MRC Pontiac agricultural community must rally.
Agricultural Zone Development Plan (PDZA)
Refer to the PDZA for more information on :
- Geographic, demographic and socioeconomic portrait of the MRC Pontiac;
- Context of land-use planning in the agricultural zone;
- Portrait of the land, agriculture and forestry activities;
- Summary of the consultations held with farmers, woodlot owners, municipalities and other key players,
- Assessment of the land, agriculture and forestry activities;
- Shared vision for the development of agriculture in Pontiac municipalities
- Action plan; and,
- Requests to government and other authorities (Quebec government, government agencies, municipalities, UPA).
Land Link Service
The MRC Pontiac is a member of the provincial Land Link network. The purpose of this service is to pair agricultural land owners with qualified farmers, or skilled producers, in search of land to carry out an agricultural project.
Through the Land Link service, agricultural land owners can also help launch the next generation of farmers by renting, lending, or selling their land to successors who share their long-term vision of their business.
Regardless of the nature of your project, our Land Link Field Agent offers personalized support throughout the transfer, start-up, leasing and partnership processes.
For more information, contact an Economic Development Officer.