In October 2014, the Pontiac MRC adopted its Agricultural Zone Development Plan (PDZA), whose objective is the sustainable development of the MRC’s agricultural zone.
A follow-up committee, composed of key players in the MRC Pontiac’s agricultural sector, ensures the implementation of the PDZA, and closely monitors recommended actions, such as the organization of agricultural services, succession planning support, and the development of new sectors.
The marketing and processing of products derived from agriculture are also major issues around which the entire MRC Pontiac agricultural community must rally.
Agricultural Zone Development Plan (PDZA)
Refer to the PDZA for more information on :
- Geographic, demographic and socioeconomic portrait of the MRC Pontiac;
- Context of land-use planning in the agricultural zone;
- Portrait of the land, agriculture and forestry activities;
- Summary of the consultations held with farmers, woodlot owners, municipalities and other key players,
- Assessment of the land, agriculture and forestry activities;
- Shared vision for the development of agriculture in Pontiac municipalities
- Action plan; and,
- Requests to government and other authorities (Quebec government, government agencies, municipalities, UPA).
For more information concerning the PDZA, contact our Economic Development Officer.