Study results were unveiled at a soirée held in Fort-Coulonge on January 11th.
The study, commissioned by the SADC, the MRC Pontiac and Emploi Québec, and conducted by the firm Zins Beauchesne et associés, helped identify the typical profile of Pontiac businesses.
Out of 645 businesses in the MRC Pontiac and the Municipality of Pontiac, 244 participated in the survey between May and July 2017. Some highlights include:
- 45% of the entrepreneur-owners are women;
- The average age of owner-entrepreneurs is 54 and they have been working in their business for 19 years on average;
- 36% of entrepreneur-owners have a high school diploma;
- 8% plan to leave their position in the next five years;
- Businesses are primarily small businesses, and 53.6% of them generate less than
$ 250,000 in annual revenues;;
- 59% serve predominantly a local market.
The study results will help the MRC Pontiac, SADC and Emploi Quebec, better plan their service offering and actions to respond to the needs and challenges expressed by the businesses.
Those interested in viewing the report can download it from the MRC Pontiac website.
– 30 –
Source and information:
Telephone : 819-648-2186