Please note that it would be IMPORTANT to be aware of the active Provincial health and safety guidelines when planning your activity. It is favorable to submit a project that presents a plan A and B, in the event of a change regarding more strict guidelines than the current one.
The grants for cultural leisure will be available until December 31st, 2021. Meaning that if the activity could not take place this year, the funds would be lost for next year.
SUMMARY OF THE CALL
” As part of the new 2021-22-23 cultural development agreement between the MCC and the MRC, there is a sum of $ 4,445 (therefore $ 2,667 MCC / $ 1,778 MRC), from the Actions for the elderly of the plan by the provincial government, available for year 1 only (2021). The Quebec Seniors Action Program is a financial support program for organizations that can contribute to the sustainability of their activities for seniors. The activities supported must encourage intergenerational solidarity, the development of the elderly, their social participation or their stay in their community in complete safety.” (https://www.quebec.ca/famille-et-soutien-aux-personnes/aide-financiere/action-aines#c69268)
Example of activity that can take place:
- Outdoor science activity for seniors;
- Film screening in residence;
- Showing of plays (in a covid situation, they can be broadcast as a live stream to the residents in a centre);
- Creative art activity with exposure to the public outdoors / Art exhibition in the window;
- Intergenerational cooperative exhibition between family members;
- Reading with family members by digital means.
A total of 4 grants of $ 1,000 / each (totaling $ 4,000) are to be awarded under this call.
- legally established non-profit organizations;
- legally established non-profit cooperatives;
- a group of artists legally constituted;
- schools and daycares;
- municipal libraries.
*It should be noted that priority is given to organizations who’s head office is located within the territory of the MRC Pontiac.
Eligible projects must have all of the following characteristics:
- Take place within the territory of the MRC Pontiac;
- Be in line with the objectives of the Cultural Policy of the MRC Pontiac;
- Innovative in nature of actions promoting the development or preservation of cultural vitality.
NON- ADMISSIBLE PROJECTS
- Promotional activities, such as a book launch;
- Organizing formal events or fundraisers;
- Projects not consistent with the objectives of the fund, cultural policies, or the Cultural Development Agreement;
- Projects already funded by another government grant program;
- Expenses related to the realization of the project;
- Promotion costs (unilingual English promotion cannot be eligible);
- The travel costs of the artists, craftsmen or other participants in the creation of the project;
- Professional fees and expenses;
- Acquisition or rental costs necessary for the completion of the project (with approval);
- Development costs necessary for carrying out the project;
- The time contribution from volunteers calculated at the current minimum wage;
- Project administration costs up to a maximum of 15% of the total eligible project
NON- ADMISSIBLE EXPENSES
- Expenses related to the regular operation of the organization (rent, insurance, accounting costs, costs of maintaining websites, salaries, electricity, etc.);
- Construction or capital costs;
- repayment of debt;
- Expenses related to the operation of an Event and / or festivals cannot be favorably received (However, if, for example, a cultural mediation or animation component is integrated into the event, the expenses could be made eligible);
- Food costs, liquor license, alcohol;
PRESENTATION OF YOUR PROJECT
Requests must be made using the form provided for this purpose and available on the Pontiac MRC website.
The grants are paid in two instalments: 80% at the beginning of the project (upon signature of the projects) and 20% once the final report and financial report (including invoices and proof of payment) has been submitted.
Each promoter must complete a report upon completion of the project. This report will consist of an activity report, the final budget and the supporting documents (invoices, proof of payment, proof of visibility and financial recognition). The report must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the project.
The promoter who receives financial assistance must display the logos in accordance with the standards of the Cultural Agreement (the logo will be provided by the MRC du Pontiac).