Campbell’s Bay, November 25, 2021 – At last night’s regular meeting of the MRC Pontiac Council of Mayors, a balanced budget of $9 million for the year 2022 was adopted
The budget tabled is a continuation of last year’s budget. Support for economic development remains the focus of the budget choices for 2022.
Highlights of the 2022 budget include:
Total MRC Pontiac expenditures: $9 million
Grants and revenues from services: $5.2 million
- Administration: $1,760,003
- Public Safety and Engineering: $496,629
- Assessment: $999,250
- Land Use Planning and Development: $1,487,073
- Economic Development Projects and Activities: $3,401,333
- Transportation: $555,581
- Renovation programs: $31,500
- Financing costs and capital expenditures: $272,977
- Reeve election costs by universal vote (pro-rated over four years): $20,000
The municipal share increases from $0.13 to $0.135 per $100 of standardized property value.