Retirement of Mr. Régent Dugas from his post as Director of Territory at the MRC Pontiac
The Warden highlighted the retirement of Mr. Régent Dugas from his post as Director of Territory. She spoke of his various accomplishments at the MRC and wished him a happy retirement. There was a round table during which the mayors expressed their gratitude to Mr. Dugas and wished him a good retirement and Mr. Dugas said a few words in response. All the interventions are available from the audio or video recording on the MRC website.
Introduction of Mr. Jason Durand, the new Director of Land Use Planning and Environment
The Warden welcomed Mr. Jason Durand and, on behalf of the Council of Mayors and employees of the MRC, congratulated him on his appointment as Director of Land Use Planning and Environment. Mr. Durand spoke a few words, first thanking Mr. Dugas for his assistance during the transition, and also mentioning he is looking forward to his new mandate at the MRC.
Appointment of Mrs. Debbie Laporte as new mayor of Fort-Coulonge
The Warden congratulated and officially welcomed Mrs. Debbie Laporte, nominated to take over as Mayor of Fort-Coulonge following Mr. Gaston Allard’s departure. The Warden mentioned that Mrs. Laporte is the first woman to act as mayor of the municipality of Fort-Coulonge since the establishment of the village in 1888.
Regional Council of Mayors
Departure of Mr. Gaston Allard from his position as Mayor of Fort-Coulonge
The Warden underlined the departure of Mr. Gaston Allard from his position as Mayor of the Municipality of Fort-Coulonge. She spoke about Mr. Allard’s various accomplishments and his contribution to the MRC Council. There was a round table during which the mayors expressed a few words about Mr. Allard and wished him good luck. All the interventions are available from the audio or video recording on the MRC website (Documentation/Council Meeting Minutes & Audio recordings).
Council adopts the MRC Pontiac’s 2021 budget
It was resolved that the Regional Council adopt the MRC Pontiac budget for the year 2021 as presented by Mrs. Annie Vaillancourt, accountant, at the November 25 2020 sitting.
The MRC launches the new website – DestinationPontiac.ca
As part of the Investor Attraction project which was funded in part by the Desjardins Foundation, a microsite was developed to provide information to new residents, business and potential investors: www.destinationpontiac.ca
Council of Mayors donate $10,000 to Bouffe Pontiac
Considering the importance of the services rendered by Bouffe Pontiac during this time of need, and the fact that they could not hold their annual food drive due to COVID-19 public heath restrictions, the Council of Mayors resolved to donate $10,000 from the accumulated budget surplus to the organization.
Appointment of members for the decision-making committee of the MRC’s Territorial Marketing Project
It was resolved by Council to establish a decision-making committee designated as the Territorial Marketing Decision-Making Committee, with the mandate to make decisions on positioning, branding and communication strategy. Be it further resolved that the Territorial Marketing Decision-Making Committee will be composed of the following members:
- Jane Toller, Warden
- Bernard Roy, Director General and Secretary-Treasurer
- Mayor Winston Sunstrum
- Mayor Kim Cartier-Villeneuve
- Cyndy Phillips, Director of Economic Development
- Colleen Jones, Strategic Communications Advisor
- Economic Development Commissioners (4)
- Employer representative, CISSSO
- Employer representative, Forestry Sector
- Employer representative, Education sector
Council adopts the annual FDT report for 2019-2020
It is moved by and resolved to adopt the annual report FDT 2019-2020 and to send it to the Quebec Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Donations & Sponsorships
- $ 500 to the Grand-Calumet Island Leisure Committee – to carry Christmas gifts door to door during their annual parade for the children of the island.
MRC to launch call for artists for the Pontiac Artists Art Collection
It was resolved by Council to authorize the Economic Development Department of the MRC Pontiac to launch a call to artists for the Pontiac Artists Art Collection. Details as follows:
- The artist must be a permanent resident of the MRC Pontiac;
- The artist must present an original work of good quality;
- The proposals are analyzed by a committee which will take into consideration:
- The quality of the artist’s artistic approach;
- The importance and the reputation of the artist for the local and regional cultural environment;
- The artistic value of the work and the cost of the work;
- The constraints of conservation, restoration, exhibition;
- The objective of diversity of media and works (visual arts, crafts, etc.) in the regional collection.
- Launch: December 2, 2020;
- Confirmation of members of the analysis committee: December 16, 2020;
- Deadline to submit application: January 26, 2021;
- Committee meeting: 1st week of February (1-5, to be confirmed) 2021;
- Acceptance by the mayors of the choice: February 17, 2021;
- Announcement of the chosen piece: February 17, 2021;
CSP Annual Activity Report 2019-2020
It was resolved by Council to adopt the Annual Activity report 2019-2020 of the public security committee of the MRC Pontiac.
Management of Territory
Appointment of a member to the MRC’s Multi-resource Committee
In order to fill the position of Pontiac Economic Development Representative left vacant following the departure of Danielle Newman, the MRC proposes to appoint Cyndy Phillips to sit on the multi-resource committee.
Forestry Consultant Contract
Two draft resolutions were submitted concerning a consultant’s mandate within the framework of the Biomass Valorisation Centre (CVB) project for the year 2021. As the vote was tied, the elected Prefect decided in favour of the position to sign the contract for 2021 with the forestry consultant, on condition that the following two conditions were met:
- Success in receipt of IFIT 2020 funding;
- Decision rendered by Renmatix to build facilities in the Pontiac region.