In the Outaouais, the four MRCs and the City of Gatineau have signed an agreement concerning the Programme d’aménagement durable des forêts (PADF) of the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (MFFP). The PADF ensures, among other things, for the funding and maintenance of the activities of the Table régionale de gestion intégrée des ressources et du territoire de l’Outaouais (TRGIRTO). The MRC Pontiac has been designated to coordinate the management of this agreement. As such, it is also responsible for the operation of the TRGIRTO and for holding public consultations on the Plan d’aménagement forestier intégré (PAFI).
La Table régionale de gestion intégrée des ressources et du territoire de l’Outaouais (TRGIRTO) brings together some twenty partners representing various sectors of activity and interest in the Outaouais region.
Its mandate is to collaborate with the Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs (MFFP) in the development of the PAFI:
- by promoting consultation among local players and harmonization of uses;
- by transmitting the concerns and aspirations of local communities to the MFFP’s Forest Management staff;
- by identifying the consensual objectives of protection and development of resources and territory;
- by proposing measures to harmonize
- Ensure the continuity of the work of the TRGIRTO;
- Apply its operating rules;
- Plan and organize its meetings and work;
- Animate the conduct of meetings;
- Write the minutes of the meetings;
- Seek consensus for recommendations to be submitted to the MFFP;
- Manage the TRGIRTO website;
- Monitor the operating budget of the TRGIRTO;
- Conducting public consultations on the PAFI and drafting reports;
- Make representations to the TRGIRTO, the delegates of the PADF management agreement and representatives of the MFFP’s forest operations sector in Gatineau;
- Preparing the annual planning and review of the
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hold a University degree in forest engineering (an asset), natural sciences or social sciences;
- Demonstrate self-reliance and leadership;
- Ability to communicate verbally and write in French;
- Have a sense of fairness, initiative, organization and planning;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and synthesizing skills, as well as good listening and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in conducting meetings;
A good knowledge of issues related to integrated resources and land management, the public participation of citizens and stakeholders in public forests is an asset.
To be specified.
This contractual mandate is renewable. It is expected to take office at the beginning of May 2021.
Remuneration will be on a bimonthly billing basis. The rate (hourly/daily) will be based on the successful candidate’s training and experience.
Interested candidates must send, no later than March 28, 2021, a letter describing their experience in relation to this mandate, along with their curriculum vitae, to the attention of Mr. Bernard Roy, Director General , at the following coordinates:
By fax : (819) 648-5810
By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Quebec) J0X 1K0
Thanking all applicants, only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.