You are a visionary, enterprising, and recognized for your achievements? You want to work in a dynamic environment and make a significant contribution to the economic development of the region? Join the MRC Pontiac.
Located in the Outaouais administrative region, the MRC Pontiac is made up of 18 municipalities and covers a total area of 14,130 km2. With a population of nearly 14,200, the MRC Pontiac stands out mainly for its support of economic and community development initiatives, its various agricultural production sectors, and its support of tourism and cultural development projects. The MRC Pontiac’s primary focus lies in the many services it offers municipalities in support of their development, and to that end, is recognized for encouraging regional entrepreneurship. Whether you are a fan of the great outdoors or passionate about culture, the MRC Pontiac will charm you with its striking landscapes and its friendly people.
A team of motivated and committed people will support you in your various mandates. Your leadership will inspire a spirit of partnership with both local business people and municipalities.
CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
As part of your mandate, you will have to demonstrate leadership, initiative, and creativity in seizing business opportunities and implementing projects to ensure optimal development management of the beautiful MRC Pontiac region. Your role will be as much to advise and support businesses in their development projects as to ensure growth in all business sectors under development.
Under the authority of the Director General, and in accordance with MRC Council orientations, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the MRC’s economic development activities. To this end, main responsibilities consist of the following:
- Create and maintain business relationships with government departments, organizations and institutions, as well as with local and regional partners, while working closely with all municipalities;
- Organize networking, promotion, prospecting, and training activities for local businesses;
- Conduct research and studies to assess the region’s economic development potential and opportunities, as well as market trends;
- Develop and implement support programs (financial and technical) and be on the lookout for any program or subsidy that can help project development and implementation;
- Represent the MRC on different committees or in organizations, and attend various events;
- Work with different MRC Pontiac partners;
- Manage the department’s human and financial resources with a view to mobilizing and empowering employees by encouraging their development and commitment to the job;
- Ensure optimal management of the sector’s budget;
- Develop and ensure the deployment of development projects that meet the needs of the community;
- Work closely with a specialized firm to ensure the deployment of a territorial marketing strategy for the Pontiac;
- In collaboration with the Strategic Communications Advisor, participate in the implementation of a communications plan to promote services targeted to economic, tourism, community, and cultural development communities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a field appropriate to the function, in particular in economics, management, project management, business administration, or in any other field deemed relevant.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in management or administration, and have significant achievements to your credit. Experience must have been acquired in workplaces of similar scope;
- Have an excellent command of French and English, both oral and written;
- Have a very good command of the Microsoft Suite of software for Windows;
- A good knowledge of provincial programs, the municipal sector, and the laws and regulations governing municipalities is an asset;
- A good knowledge of the territory is an asset;
- For staffing purposes, any combination of education and professional experience in municipal affairs management, or any other experience deemed relevant will be considered.
- Participative, dynamic, visionary and mobilizing leadership;
- Strong communications skills and an ability to establish good interpersonal relationships with business people, team members, municipalities, and citizens;
- Good ability to develop and maintain partnership networks;
- Thoroughness, good listening skills, tact, reliability, persistence, and autonomy;
- Excellent organization skills and keen sense of planning and analysis;
- Required project, financial, and human resources management skills;
- Strategic vision and a sense of global and regional development;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
The MRC Pontiac offers competitive working conditions and multiple benefits:
- Competitive salary established according to the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Other working conditions according to current policies:
- Vacation and personal leave
- Group Insurance
- Pension plan
- Flexible work schedule
If you have the required skills, talents and interest in the position described above, please send us your curriculum vitae, along with your degrees and a cover letter, before January 24, 2020 at 4 p.m.:
By fax: 819-648-5810
By email: email@example.com
Directeur du développement économique
602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Québec)
While all applications will be carefully analyzed, we will only communicate with those selected. Thank you for your interest in this position.