Are you looking for adventure and new challenges? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team that can realise great things during these uncertain times? Join the Regional County Municipality (RCM) team where you will have the chance to be involved in exciting and diversified projects.
The Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac is located in the southwestern part of the province of Quebec on the banks of the majestic Ottawa River, which forms a natural border with Ontario. It is known for its rich natural resources, built heritage and cultural diversity. The Pontiac has a population of close to 14,000, of which approximately 57% are English-speaking, spread over 18 municipalities and an unorganized territory of 9,000 km2.
Under the responsibility of the Director of Engineering and Infrastructure, the Fire Prevention Technician is responsible for the application of activities related to the preventive measures of the MRC Pontiac Fire Safety Cover Plan. He will have to interact with the fire safety services on the territory of the MRC.
- Develop prevention programs as provided for in the Fire Safety Cover Plan;
- Organize and carry out inspections of medium, high and very high risks on the territory of the MRC;
- Compile and process statistics on the inspections carried out and on fire reports from the fire safety services;
- Analyze data, write reports and provide recommendations;
- In collaboration with the public safety coordinator, participate in the updating of the fire safety cover plan;
- In collaboration with the Public Safety Coordinator, participate in the drafting of the annual report;
- Support the Fire Chiefs in the development of response plans;
- To research the causes and circumstances of fires on the territory of the MRC;
- Be willing to offer training to the firefighters of the MRC’s fire safety services;
- Any other task related to the position requested by his superior.
- Possess an Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in Fire Prevention or a Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in Fire Prevention or an undergraduate certificate in Fire Prevention Technology (TPI);
- Possess Firefighter 1, Urban Officer training and holding an Instructor’s Certificate from the École nationale des pompiers du Québec could be considered an asset;
- Must be available outside of regular business hours;
- Have a good knowledge of Office suite software such as Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Knowledge of ICO Solutions fire software (Target/BeeOn) would be considered an asset;
- Judgment, autonomy, interpersonal skills and flexibility;
- Ability to coordinate several files simultaneously and work in a team;
- Have a knowledge of the English language, oral and written;
- Own a car and have a valid driver’s license.
This position is permanent and full-time, 35 hours a week. Remuneration will be established according to the collective agreement in effect at the MRC Pontiac. Interested candidates must send their application no later than Friday, August 13th at 4:00 p.m, to the attention of Mr. Bernard Roy, at the following coordinates:
FIRE PREVENTION TECHNICIAN
602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Quebec) J0X 1K0
By fax : (819) 648-5810
By e-mail : email@example.com
Thanking all applicants, only successful candidates will be invited for an interview. In this document, the masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of brevity.