The MRC Pontiac wishes to congratulate Ms. Chantal Corriveau of Île-du-Grand-Calumet and Mr. Denis Rozon of Bristol for respectively winning the Hommage-au-bâtisseur (Builders’ Tribute) and the Leisure Jury’s Coup-de-cœur award for the Sports and Tourism Event of the Year, at the 26th Gala Loisir sport Outaouais, which was held in Gatineau on June 8.
MRC Pontiac Warden, Raymond Durocher, Deputy Director General, Bernard Roy, and Culture, Sports and Recreation Coordinator, Claudee Galipeau were in attendance to celebrate with two winners who have distinguished themselves for their exceptional commitment and dedication to sports and recreation over the past year.
“As MRC Pontiac Warden, I always feel great pride when our citizens’ actions are recognized beyond our borders. I wish to congratulate Mrs. Corriveau and Mr. Rozon on behalf of all Pontiac citizens.”
The MRC Pontiac also wishes to recognize other Pontiac finalists at this event:
- Stéphane Durocher for Maison des jeunes du Pontiac (Organization of the Year)
- Gaétan Graveline (Volunteer of the Year)
- Michèle Gagnon (National Female Athlete of Excellence)
- Alex Bourque (Provincial Individual Sport Athlete)
Following is the full statement of the Builders’ Tribute Award presentation to Ms. Chantal Corriveau:
For nearly 20 years, this innovative woman has been extremely generous with her time as a volunteer, and an indispensable asset to the municipality of Île-du-Grand-Calumet. It is for all the hours that she has invested in Pontiac’s youth and in the development of sports and recreation that Mrs. Corriveau has earned this honor. Among her commitments, we note her implication in the:
- Comité-de-loisir, (Treasurer since 1998);
- Club-de-majorette-Dynamique, (Host since 1998);
- Réseau-de-biblio-de-l’Outaouais, (Administrator since 2004);
- Pontiac Soccer Association, (Administrator since 2006); and,
- Maison-des-jeunes-du-Pontiac, (Administrator since 2012).
– 30 –