Gatineau, April 13, 2021 – The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de l’Outaouais informs that the entire Outaouais health and social services region remains at the maximum alert level (red) and that special emergency measures are now extended to the entire region. This will take effect tomorrow, April 14, 2021 and the measures will be maintained until April 26, 2021 at 5:00 am. Exceptional measures must be in place to stop the spread of the virus, accelerated by the variants.
As a reminder, the special emergency measures are as follows:
- Curfew in effect from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m;
- Elementary and secondary school closures (e-learning);
- School-based child care remains open, but only for essential workers;
- Educational child care services (daycares, CPEs, family settings) will remain open. However, to limit contact, families are advised to keep their children at home whenever possible, notifying the daycare service in advance;
- The closure of cinemas, theaters and museums;
- The closure of dining rooms in restaurants (except for delivery and take-out);
- Closing of non-essential businesses (delivery and curbside pick-up are possible);
- Prohibiting businesses from selling non-essential products;
- A limit of 25 people in places of worship;
- Outdoor sports and recreational activities are only permitted with people living at the same address or in a group of 8 people with distance. Masks must be worn by all groups of 2 or more people.
The CISSS de l’Outaouais is asking the population to make a collective effort at a time when the COVID-19 situation is difficult and spreading rapidly in the region. Compliance with the measures remains our best short-term tool to get out of the critical situation in which our region finds itself, until enough people are vaccinated.
For all information on COVID-19, the population is invited to consult the Quebec government website at www.quebec.ca/coronavirus or our website with information on COVID-19 for the Outaouais region at https://cisss-outaouais.gouv.qc.ca/covid-19/
For more information, please contact :
The Media Relations team
Center intégré de Santé et de Services sociaux de l’Outaouais