Are you looking for new challenges? Are you looking for a dynamic team capable of achieving great things in these uncertain times? Join the team of the Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac and you will have the chance to participate in exciting and diversified projects.
The Regional County Municipality (RCM) of Pontiac is located in the southwestern part of the province of Quebec on the banks of the majestic Ottawa River, which forms a natural border with Ontario. It is known for its rich natural resources, built heritage and cultural diversity. The Pontiac has a population of close to 14,000, of which approximately 57% are English-speaking, spread over 18 municipalities and an unorganized territory of 9,000 km2.
Under the supervision of the Tourism Commissioner, the Local Tourism Ambassador will welcome visitors, provide tourist information, write and manage a blog and update the Tourist Information Bureau (TIB) database. This is a very independent position that requires a motivated and autonomous person with an excellent knowledge of the various assets and attractions of the Pontiac.
- Answer tourism questions; telephone, email, social media;
- Update the list of tourist attractions, cultural attractions and tourist services on the tourism- qc.ca website;
- Maintain and update databases;
- Become a “Discover Pontiac” blogger, research, interview and collect data and photos for a new bilingual series of blogs to be posted on social media every week (8-10 blogs);
- Stock RITs with Pontiac tourism maps, Pontiac business guides and Outaouais tourism guides;
- Deliver Pontiac tourism maps to a variety of Pontiac businesses (service stations, tourist sites and restaurants (open);
- Receive visitors and clients of the MRC (if the TIB opens to the public this year).
- VERY good knowledge of the Pontiac in general, as well as the tourist attractions;
- Ability to work alone, without much direction;
- Bilingualism essential;
- Good knowledge and very comfortable with the use of social media (Facebook and Instagram );
- Interest in tourism, journalism, photography an asset;
- College education or in the process of obtaining it (business, marketing or tourism training an asset);
- Experience and skills in customer service;
- Availability to work weekends (alternating);
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
This position is for the summer season until September 6th, 2021, 30 hours/week. The remuneration will be $13.50/hour.
Interested candidates must send their application no later than Friday, May 28 at 4:00 p.m., to the attention of the Selection Committee, at the following coordinates:
By fax: (819) 648-5810
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Tourism Ambassador 602, route 301 Nord
Campbell’s Bay (Québec) J0X 1K0
Thanking all applicants, only successful candidates will be called for an interview.